Thursday, November 12, 2009

21 July 2009

Olivia came out with shivers and goosebumps yesterday evening and within 5 mins had a fever of 39.7. We gave her Ibuprofen and Calpol all night.

She was still ill this morning so I called for an emergency appointment as the Duty Nurse in the evening said she could have an ear infection. Over night I thought about that and she hasn't rubbed her ears or cried so I thought I'd get her ears checked.

The surgery didn't want her to go in in case of Swine Flu so got a Doctor to call me. By that time she was looking really ill and although I'd given her 5mls of Ibuprofen her temp was still 40.5.
The Doctor said if she developed one more symptom to call otherwise just treat the fever as I had been doing. Then this afternoon she developed diarrhea (sp?) so they've now said to collect some anti-virals.

I hope they make a difference as it's horrible seeing them like this. She won't even let me touch her now .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]