Wednesday, April 20, 2011

20 April 2011

Hi

We saw Olivia's Paediatrician today and I mentioned to him about Landau Kleffner Syndrome (LKS).  He thinks Olivia's symptoms fit and has sent an email to the Neurologist to point her in that direction ready for Olivia's appointment on 4th May.  It's a rare type of epilepsy and fits well with Olivia's speech and other things coming and going.

Her stutters been quite bad the last couple of days and this evening Grace showed Olivia a few flash cards and she didn't know them all yet last week she did.  I thought this one wasn't going to be as bad as last time but I'm now wondering how the next few days will go.

I've added a small clip to show Olivia's speech when she struggles to get the words out.






I've added a small clip to show Olivia's speech when she struggles to get the words out (please excuse the mess, we were given a load of toys/games).

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]