Wednesday, June 13, 2012

13 June 2012

How can it have been so long since I last posted??  Well it's great really.

I haven't been on her to update that we saw Olivia's Paediatrician the other week and he's agreed for us to bring her off her anti-epileptic medication, woohoo!!  He was going to either leave her on her existing dose or increase it as per her current weight and Alex asked if we could try taking her off it.

I didn't think Olivia's Paediatrician would want to go for that as previously we'd been told it would be a year or two after her last seizures but he told us the risks (mainly that she may end up on a higher dose to get things back under control than she was on) and we decided between us to give it a try as she's been so well for so long.

We've got to drop 10mg every 2 weeks.  She was on 40mg twice a day and is currently on 20mg twice a day and so far so good.  We've heard her stutter a few times and we're keeping an eye on it, nothing bad and only a few times so she may just be tired.

It'll be so lovely for her not to be on medication anymore and it's very hard to remember how things were when they were bad.

Thanks

Donna

5 comments:

  1. my daughter was OD on Tamiflu also. She got 10 doses in one. She was only 2 months and 3 weeks old. Now she is 4 almost 5 years old and we are having issues with her learning abilities. Can you contact me please so I can get some info from you. My name is Tina and my number is 304-209-2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna

    My 2 yr , 1 month old has been prescribed Tamiflu for suspected H1N1 or swine flu. Although , his dose was within the recommendations, the drug was way past the expiry date , but still being issued to the citizens by the government . I know this because they have blacked out the expiry date with a marker and sources from the pharma company locally have confirmed this. After three days on Tamiflu ,my son started stammering or stuttering . He can speak well for his age where we can fully understand everything he wants and he can describe an entire situation very well. He is a very bright and active boy with great sense of humor. Always jolly and joking around. For past two days he has been very irritable. Does not want to leave my side. Keeps saying 'hurting' .when asked where he points to his foot .. This morning his ear was hurting quite badly but has now stopped. He groans at night while sleeping sometimes for past two nights. He is throwing himself and lying on floor and nothing seems to comfort him. I am reading your blog since I was searching stuttering and decided to add Tamiflu to it and came across your blog. He has been taking it for five days. Dr. Recommended seven but I stopped after five, yesterday since I suspected the stuttering had something to do with the drug. After reading your log , I rushed to the room to attend to his nonstop coughing spells in which he threw up. When he fell asleep once more ,I just lay next to him praying and crying my eyes off. Gosh. Lord please let him be ok. Thank god that your wonderful daughter is well again. My heart goes out to you all. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest son Henry was given Tamiflu while in the ER for dehydration and it sent him into shock. The hospital panicked and made several more mistakes and he died. Do you have contact info?.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter, Valerie, who is 2 1/2 was diagnosed with Type A Flu on Christmas Eve. She started taking Tamiflu that day. On day 5, she started stuttering in the morning and it continued all day. It is very pronounced and she has never stuttered before. Of course, she will not be taking Tamiflu again ever. But, now we are waiting to see if the stuttering resolves now that the medicine has been stopped. I pray it does and that we have no other side effects. Thank you for posting about your situation so that others can be aware of what can happen with Tamiflu. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son was prescribed Tamiflu in a full adult dose of 12.5 ML 2x/day for 5 days on Saturday 1/10/15. Tuesday evening we didn't give him his dose because of his lethargy, lack of appetite and overall pain in his stomach area when we gave it to him. We are praying that no irreparable damage has been to his body. He now has a rash on his chest that has moved to his face-per the doc on call, if it radiates to his eyes or mouth they'll want to see him. From this experience we won't be using Tamiflu again and might even change pharmacies.

    ReplyDelete

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]