Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 June 2010

I'm sorry!!!  I'm dreadful at updating this blog now.

On 9th February I emailed the Hampshire PCT to instigate an investigation by them as I was advised by a very helpful person that they deal with things from a different angle than the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.  One of the main things to come out of it was they said the Pharmacist's statement that his stock records tallied was not true.  I've given the Pharmacy Inspector a copy of the letter stating that as this was his strongest evidence.

We had a meeting with the Pharmacist to go through what we believed happened and get his response.  He showed us copies of other prescriptions issued that day (obscuring patients details of course) and there were several 75mg issued the same day as Olivia's so yet again we said that surely there was the chance that he could have given someone else the 30mg and Olivia the 75mg.

We asked to see the boxes of the 30mg & 75mg and both Alex and I knew straight away which we'd been given (not that there was any doubt from our point of view anyway but it all helps us to know to carry on the fight).

He showed us where the Tamiflu was stored and basically it was a cardboard box on the floor with loads of other stuff piled on top.  The room they were in was an absolute mess.

He said that he now has a mark against his name but I said that MORE IMPORTANTLY our daughter is no longer the same child she used to be and we'd all been through hell!!!

The Pharmacy Inspector came and took another statement from me and Alex (independently) based on our visit to the Pharmacy.  We've not heard any more about the case but we do know that nothing is ever going to come of this but at least I know I've done my best to try to get justice for Olivia.

Anyway an update on Olivia.  She's still having absences, stuttering occasionally and forgetting obvious words like toothbrush for example.  She can still be unsteady on her feet (bearing in mind she's 3 yrs & 3 mths) and won't walk very far at all.

We saw the Paediatrician in March and he wanted to leave her medication as it was as she's not bad compared to how she was at the later part of last year and he said the medication can have some horrible side effects so it's getting the balance right.

We're seeing him again at the end of this month and the Neurologist next month.  I've already started making a list of questions to ask the Neurologist about some of Olivia's behaviour, like not walking far.

I will try to update more often :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]